Monday, January 9, 2012

Our week

The boy hasn't been sleeping all that well.  Which means that we get many late night visits due to nightmares.  After giving it some thought, I decided that perhaps all of the noises associated with the placement of his bedroom might be causing some of the issues.  The same day I realized that, he told D that he has nightmares when he sleeps downstairs, but when he comes upstairs, they turn into good dreams.  Aw, that's sweet, but I'd like to sleep also.  The past few nights, he has slept very soundly in the guest room upstairs, which pretty much proves my theory correct.  However, that means more work because he has agreed that he would like to move his bedroom upstairs.  The good news is, there's a lovely room up here already painted for a little boy.  The bad news is, it's one of the most disorganized rooms in our house and is currently home to our office and the very computer on which I am typing.  Sad to think that we only moved in here seven months ago but this room is already a disaster.  When I think about starting to clean it up to get it ready to move downstairs, I just turn around and walk out.  On the positive, little boy's room should be fairly easy to move up.  I haven't really given myself a time line on this project because I'm not all that excited about it.  I am actually happy about moving the messy room downstairs and hopefully figuring out a way to organize it all.  I wonder if it will be done before our next visitors come?  Maybe that should be the goal...

D is having sinus surgery tomorrow.  Fun times.   We've done this before, but the only thing I really remember about it besides all of the disgusting and gross parts is that he had headaches for a long time.  I pray that he recovers quickly with as little pain as possible.

Both kids went to sleepovers on Friday night - what a surprising treat!  It just worked out that way so D and I went out to PF Changs.  Yummy.  The kids had fun at their respective friends' houses and we got a chance to sleep in.

Basketball practice has started for the boy.  He's more into the social aspect of it and I feel bad for the parents of his friend because it turns out that he's a bit more disruptive than I would like and he tends to lead his friend astray when they should be listening to the coach.  I hope this week goes a little better.

The girl learned a little lesson this morning.  She realized five minutes before we were to leave for school that she had not completed her homework.  I looked at her and said, "I know, I knew when you went to bed last night, but it's not my responsibility to take care of it.  I reminded you yesterday but you chose to play with your friend for two and a half hours instead of do your homework.  So, you can sit down and do it now and be late for school or you can go to school with it incomplete."  Surprisingly she was able to complete it and get to school on time (well, I assume since she was in the building several minutes before the bell rang), but she was not as early as she likes to be and I know she was quite stressed out about it.  I don't expect that to happen again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment