Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Boy's Birthday

Little boy celebrated the big 6 this past week!  And that meant a gluten-free bake fest in my house.  I made gf oreo truffle cake pops that were oh so delicious but not very pretty (especially when I think about how cute his cake pops were last year for school complete with camo colors and army men on top).  Then I made him a batch of gf cupcakes.  For his party, I made a regular batch of cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting and I ate a few too many of those.  They were so good...  And then today, I made the Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Chocolate-Marshmallow Pillow Cookies that he had originally requested to take to school (I chose the oreo cake pops instead because they looked easier and less messy for school). Too much sugar in my house!  But I finally figured out how to bake those cookies so that they aren't crumbly.  Since I can't use eggs, I always use the egg replacer, but it doesn't give enough binding.  So today I decided to just add a couple tablespoons of warm water and voila, perfect cookies!  They tasted like regular chocolate chip cookies or it could just be that it's been so long since I've made regular chocolate chip cookies that I'm just used to the gf version now.  I think I'll be making them more often now that I figured out the problem.

Little boy had a fun party at The Alley.  We invited all the boys in his class and all but one showed up.  They had a great time bowling and playing arcade games.  He even got a strike!  Here are a few pictures from the event:






I had never seen these ramps before - what a great idea!







Thank you cousins!

Thank you Grammie!

Thank you Nana and Poppop!

No comments:

Post a Comment