Thursday, January 12, 2012

Recovery and a new Visitor

D had his sinus surgery on Tuesday and wow, what a difference a few years makes!  After his last surgery, he looked like he had been beaten up with bruising, tape across his nose and some of the most disgusting things you can imagine, well, I won't go on.  He was in pain.  He had headaches for what seemed like forever, at least 4-6 weeks and it was so hard on him that I questioned whether it was worth it at the time.  He assured me that it was.  This time, he came out with no bruising, no bleeding (that I know of), no swelling and a piece of gauze taped across his upper lip to catch anything that might come out...nothing did.  The only pain that he has really complained about is his throat from being intubated.  He's had some pain in his sinuses, but he hasn't complained about it at all.  I should preface this with the fact that today is his first day without the serious painkillers he was given, so it could all go downhill from here.  But, I've been pleasantly surprised so far.  I hope he gets some relief soon.

Yesterday little girl received a visitor through the mail!  One of her friends from her previous school mailed her "Traveling Tracy" which is basically like Flat Stanley.  Tracy went to school with her today and I'm hoping that her teacher can let her have a few minutes to read the letter and take a picture of Tracy with the class.  I'm not so sure that is going to happen, so just in case, I happen to be going up tomorrow for lunch and will take the picture myself if I have to.  Her class is so busy this month with a state project - they have been researching all year and have written an outline and started the rough draft of their reports.  At home, they have to make either a poster or a shoebox float that shows five facts about the state.  Too bad we don't have the float done because we could take a picture of Tracy on it!  I'm planning to also take a picture of Tracy playing in the snow today when she gets home.  There's not enough for the kids to play in it, but there's certainly enough for a 6 inch piece of paper doll to do so!  Plus, those kids in TX don't get to see snow very often.  And I'm happy to say that I was able to drive successfully to the Y last night in the snow.  Lucky for me, it stopped while we were there so I didn't have to deal with too much of it on the car or the roads when we left.  There was a little ice in the parking lot, but it didn't affect my driving.  :-)  

Little boy is having a birthday party next week.  We're going to The Alley for some bowling and games. He's excited about it.  I'm excited that I won't have to plan another one for a couple of years.  Hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad mom!  

No comments:

Post a Comment