Thursday, August 4, 2011

Do Unto Others and the rest of our day...

If I have learned anything in the past month it's definitely the Golden Rule.  And what I would like for others to do is be friendly and welcoming.  So the kids and I made those White Chocolate S'mores Gooey Cake Bars from Picky Palate along with our flat and crispy cookies from the previous post and delivered them to our new neighbors tonight.  We also took a cute little sea turtle bath toy for their 6 month old daughter.  I hope they liked them and aren't wondering why the cookies are so flat!  Guess they'll find out when they try to bake cookies.

Other than that, we went to the Y this afternoon for gymnastics.  I am still amazed by our YMCA.  It is huge.  The kids had a great time at gymnastics and I was impressed at the facilities and coaches - just like our old gymnastics place only on a smaller scale (and being at the Y, I can work out if I so desire; today I did not desire).  But I did talk to another mom which if you've been around me in the past few years is not something I do often.  So yay me!  I'm going from being the standoffish listener who keeps to herself to being the inquisitive instigator.  Do Unto Others...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, striking up a conversation with a stranger! I still can't do that . . . .

    ReplyDelete