Monday, August 8, 2011

Flipflop's Room Re-do

When we moved in, Flipflop (using that for the girl for now) chose a room in the basement that was previously used as a playroom.  Unfortunately, it was not a cute playroom but rather a place where the previous owner dumped all the extra toys.  It was painted a very dull almost pea green.  I had intended to hire painters once school started to complete her vision of having a delightfully pink, girly room.  However, I woke up last week needing a project.  And right about now I am wishing that I had taken a before picture.

We headed to Lowe's and Sherwin Williams where she selected Party Time and Hibiscus.  Since it's a basement room, it has a ledge around two walls that go halfway up the wall.  So I figured we'd do the darker color on the bottom to tone down the Party Time.  We also put the hibiscus on the far wall behind her bed.  It worked well and looks fantastic!  Here's the end result:



We still haven't finished the decorating - need to hang some pictures and add some personality.  But she loves it and I think it turned out great (even if it does glow!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment