Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Settled?

In the past week, I've been asked numerous times if we are "settled."  I usually answer "yes, for the most part.  I have a few boxes that haven't been unpacked the garage, but most things are put away."  The thing is, I'm not settled.  Yes, most items have been put in the room where we think they will be most useful or necessary.  And most boxes have been emptied.  Hubby cleaned out the garage this past weekend and got most of those items put somewhere as well.

The reality is that things are in rooms, but I don't really think one of our rooms in this house is finished.  I guess the living room/dining room is mostly together but I don't love it and there are things I would like to change about it.  Most of those things will have to wait, so for now I guess it's finished.  Our bedroom is a mess which I tried unsuccessfully to clean up today.  I'm not sure about the furniture placement in there yet and it needs to be painted.  Flipflop's room is painted and the furniture is basically in the right places, but I need to hang pictures and figure out some sort of organization for all of her stuff.  Firefly's room needs to be painted and I think I'm going to move his bookshelf to another wall.  Basement has furniture but nothing on the walls.  Kitchenette in basement has nothing.  My kitchen is pretty much done but I need to rearrange some of the cabinets and get rid of some things so that I can organize better.  I'm making progress on the guest room and this room that I'm in right now, I'm pretty much giving up on.  Not sure what we're going to do with it.  And don't get me started on the front or back porches.  No, I'm not settled.

So why do I feel the need to tell people that we are?

No comments:

Post a Comment