Friday, August 5, 2011

The Not So Lazy River

After spending a few hours cleaning my house (not my favorite thing to do!), I took the kids back to the YMCA.  On the agenda today was to swim at the waterpark.  We've only gone one other time this summer and the water was FREEZING which is why I have been so hesitant to go back.  But considering that it's been over 100 (actually closer to 110) the past few weeks, I figured that the water may have warmed up by now.  It has and was actually quite refreshing.  My other issue with the Y waterpark is that they claim to have a Lazy River.  I was so excited about that because that is one of my favorite things to do - float lazily along under the sun.  However, I don't consider having water dumped on you from 10 buckets, sprayed on you from 20 squirters or poured on you from two bridges quite the same experience as a "lazy" river.  More like a crazy river where you are drenched by the time you go around.  I went in with a better attitude and a clearer idea that I would be drenched this time and we enjoyed it so much more than the last time when the water was about 20 degrees colder.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment